Our Statement of Faith
This statement of faith is a condensed form of the Articles Of Faith formerly adopted by Marietta Bible Center Church. The wording has been both condensed and modified, but the teaching is harmonious with the Articles of Faith as formerly accepted and revised.
- We believe that God is a trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, (Matthew 3:16-17), and that God it the creator of the universe and man (Genesis 1)
- We belive in the Lord Jesus Chirst as the only begotten (John 3:16), virgin born (Matthew 1:18-25), sinless (I Peter 2:22) Son of God. We believe in his sacrificial death for our sins, and His bodily resurrection from among the dead (I Corinthians 15:1-3), and his bodily ascention into Heaven.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit of God is a person, that He is one of the trinity, and that He has an essential part in salvation (John 16:8-11).
- We believe the scriptures to be the verbally, plenary, inspired Word of God as given in the original tongue, and that God's Word is the final authority.
- We believe that God created man in His image, but that man fell into sin, and therefore is totally depraved and in need of salvation (Romans 5:12-17).
- We believe that salvation is freely and graciously given to man as a gift upon receiving Christ as Saviour. That it is the result of the sacrificial death and the shedding of Jesus Christ's own blood (Ephesians 2:8-9; I Peter 1:18-21).
- We believe that sanctification is the work of God the Spirit at salvation to set the believer apart for God's use. It will be ultimately completed at Jesus' Second Coming (I Corinthians 6:11; II Peter 3:18).
- We believe the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is composed of all born-again believers, regardless of denominational attachments. We believe the local Church is to be composed of born-again believers meeting together for the purpose of studying God's Word, fellowship, evangelism, and missionary endeavor (I Corinthians 12:13-14; Hebrews 10:25).
- We believe that baptism is by immersion, and that it is for a testimony of salvation (Romans 6:4-6). We believe that the Lord's Supper is a memorial of the finished work for Jesus Christ, and should be taken regularly (I Corinthians 11:23-34).
- We believe in the bodily return of Jesus Christ in the clouds for the rapture of the Church (I Thessalonians 4:13-18), and for His premillenial return to this earth to establish His reign (Revelation 20).
- We believe in the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in Hell, and in the eternal conscious bliss of the redeemed in heaven (Matthew 25:41).
- We believe that Satin is a personality who is the open and declared enemy of God and man (Job 1:6-7; Matthew 4:2-11; Isaiah 14:12-17).
Copyright © 2005-2006 Marietta Bible Center Church. All rights reserved